Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Ammini Kozhukattai is a traditional recipe of Tamilnadu. Even though I shared a simple version before, this is a perfectly balanced nutritious dish as almond flour, radish greens and beetroot powder are also added.
- 1 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Almond Powder
- 1/4 Cup Radish Greens
- 1 Tbsp Beetroot Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Finely Chopped Green chillies
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 10 Chopped Curry Leaves
- In a 2 Ltr cooker add water, salt, green chillies, beetroot powder and oil. Close and cook for a whistle. Switch off. Release pressure manually and mix in jowar flour. Close the lid with weight on for 20 minutes.
- Open the cooker, add almond flour and radish greens. Mix well and knead to a soft dough by greasing the hands.
- Divide the dough into pebble size small balls and give a perfect round shape.
- Steam the balls for 10 minutes.
- In a pan add oil and do the seasoning. Transfer the steamed balls to the pan and toss for 5 minutes on medium heat.
1. The above procedure is called Autolysis and is one of OPOS techniques.
2. Instead of beetroot powder, 1/4 Cup juice can also be used. Reduce water accordingly.
3. Instead of radish greens, spinach or fenugreek leaves can be used.