Carrots are available in plenty during winter season and it is used in a variety of ways as salads, soups, dal, halwa and pickle. They are rich sourch of Vitamin A. I made carrot rice with Kodo Millet along with red capsicum.
- 1/2 Cup Kodo Millet
- 2 Cups Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Thinly sliced Red Capsicum
- 1 Slit Green Chilli
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Red Chillies
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Methi/Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Roasted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp Dry Coconut
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Grind the above spices coarsely along with salt.
- Wash and soak the millet for 30 minutes.
- Mix carrots and capsicum and green chilli with the spice mix.
- Layer 1: 1 Tbsp ghee and 1 tbsp water.
- Layer 2: Spread half the carrots evenly.
- Layer 3: Drained millet.
- Layer 4: Balance carrots with coriander leaves.
- Pour 1/4 Cup water by sides without disturbing the set up.
- Cook on high for 3 whistles. Open after pressure settles down.
- Fluff up after 10 minutes.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email