Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Pinni is a Punjabi delicacy that is mostly prepared during winters. This laddu is made with wheat flour, desi ghee, dry fruits and jaggery. For this recipe, I used dates as a natural sweetener and replaced wheat flour with jowar flour.
- 3/4 Cup Sorghum/Jowar Flour
- 3/4 Cup Walnut Flour
- 3/4 Cup Roasted Gram Flour (Pottukadalai maavu)
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Seeds (Melon and Sunflower Seeds)
- 1.5 Cups Deseeded Dates
- 1 Cup Desi Ghee
- 20 Almonds
- 10 Cashews
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- On a low heat, dry roast Jowar flour till nice aroma. Transfer it to a wide bowl.
- Next dry roast the seeds and remove.
- Add 1/4 Cup ghee and roast cashews and almonds.
- Crush the seeds, almonds and cashews coarsely and add to the roasted flour.
- Grind dates to a paste without using any water.
- Add the balance ghee and cook dates paste till it becomes soft and mix with the other ingredients along with ghee and cardamom powder.
- Mix everything well with a ladle. When it is warm enough to handle make laddus and once it is completely cooled store in an airtight container.
1. Actually for this recipe, the measurements are completely based on individual preference. You can include roasted and crushed peanuts, flaxseeds, white sesame seeds, grated and roasted coconut etc.
2. Can increase/decrease dates quantity.
3. Can use other millet flours for this recipe.
4. For walnut flour and roasted gram flour just pulse them using mixie.