Akki Roti is a breakfast dish prepared with either rice or ragi flour in Karnataka. The Autolysis technique keeps the roti soft for a very long period of time.
- 1 cup Ragi flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp any Cooking Oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp each of Chopped Curry leaves, Coriander leaves and Pudhina
- 3 Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp each of crushed Jeera, white sesame seeds and omam/ajwain
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker, add water, salt and cooking oil. Close and cook for a whistle on high and switch off.
- Immediately release the pressure manually with utmost care.
- Add the Ragi flour and mix thoroughly so that there is no dry flour left.
- Close the lid with the weight on and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Open, add the spices, veggies and knead into a soft ball by greasing your palm.
- Pat rotis on a banana leaf/alu foil, transfer to the tawa and cook on both sides with little oil. Serve with curd.