Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Finger Millet/Ragi is a highly nutritious millet which is suitable for all age groups. I have shared many recipes with this millet. Cabbage parathas with ragi turned out very soft and tasty. It keeps us full for a long time. Try this breakfast delicacy!
- 2 Cups /Finger Millet/Ragi Flour
- 2 Cups Finely Chopped Cabbage
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 4 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tsp White Sesame Seeds
- In a 2 Ltr Cooker, add water, salt and oil. Cook for a whistle. Release pressure and mix in ragi flour till it resembles like wet sand. Keep the cooker covered with weight on for 15 minutes. This method is known as autolysis. Please check my post “Millet Roti” to understand more.
- Open, mix in cabbage, coriander leaves, Chillies, white sesame seeds and knead briefly.
- Divide into equal portions and pat on a banana leaf or on a parchment paper. Transfer the roti to tawa and cook both sides with oil on medium heat.
- Delicious parathas are ready! Serve with pickles and curd.
1. Water quantity may vary with different flours depending on the moisture content. My flour absorbs water in the ratio of 1:1. So I took accordingly.