Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Soaked fenugreek seeds are excellent for health, these are even more beneficial if we sprout them. It can be consumed on an empty stomach. This will help relieve acidity. It is excellent for regulating blood sugar. For those who battle high cholesterol, soaked or sprouted fenugreek seeds will help in lowering the levels.
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sorghum/Jowar/Cholam Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Fenugreek/Methi/Vendhayam seeds
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Carom/Ajwain/Omam Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin/Jeera Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Coriander Powder
- Oil for making parathas
- Grind garlic, chillies, fenugreek seeds, ajwain and jeera by adding 2 tbsp of water to a fine paste.
- Transfer this paste to a wide bowl. Add lemon juice, flours, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Make soft dough with water. Keep covered for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 5 or 6 equal balls and roll out 1/2″ thick parathas.
- Heat a tawa and cook them using oil.
- Serve hot with curd and pickle.
- Other millet flours like pearl millet flour, ragi flour can be used for this recipe.
- Can add 1/2 Tsp red chilli powder for ore spiciness.