This is the 200th Post! Thanks all of you for encouraging me with your comments, validations and motivations. Without your support, this is not possible. I am sharing a sweet dish to celebrate this achievement. Sweet vermicelli or vella semiya is a simple sweet dish made out of millet vermicelli and jaggery. Nowadays all kinds of millet vermicelli are available in the market. This dish can be made easily in a few minutes. I used Foxtail millet vermicelli for this recipe.
- 3/4 Cup Roasted Foxtail Millet Vermicelli
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Ghee roasted Cashewnuts
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- In a 2 Ltr Cooker add ghee, roasted vermicelli, water, jaggery powder and cardamom powder.
- Cook for 2 Whistles.
- Release Pressure manually.
- Add grated coconut, cashew nuts and mix well. Keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Open and serve.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Millet vermicelli is very delicate. So roast them on low heat. One cup of unroasted vermicelli yields 3/4 cup after roasting.
2. For Vegan version, use coconut oil instead of ghee.