Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Roti Poha is a delicious and quick breakfast or snack which is prepared with the leftover rotis. The rotis are crumbled and sautéd along with some onions and spices. Adding roasted nuts and seeds make this dish more crunchy and healthy. I used two leftover ragi rotis for this recipe.
- 2 Millet Rotis (Bajra/ Jowar/ ragi rotis)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 3 Slit Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp Almond Slivers
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Groundnuts
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Gram dal ( Chutney dal/Pottukadalai)
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds/Saunf
- 1 Tsp White Sesame Seeds/Til/Ellu
- 1 Tsp Flaxseeds
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Jaggery
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 5 Curry leaves
- A Pinch of Asafoetida powder
- Crumble the leftover rotis to poha texture.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and flaxseeds till they crackle. Remove.
- Heat oil in a pan. Roast fennel seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida powder and almond slivers.
- Add onions, salt. Sauté till it becomes transparent. Add crumbled roti and roast on low heat for 3 minutes. Once it becomes crispy, add roasted sesame seeds, flaxseeds, roasted gram dal, groundnuts and jaggery powder. Switch off and mix well by adding lemon juice.
- Serve warm.
1. Rotis can be crumbled using a mixie. Do not run the mixie continuously. Just pulsating will give a nice texture.