Achari semis can be prepared with any pickle gravy. For this recipe I used tomato thokku and it came out really well. Try this mouth watering recipe with millet vermicelli.
- 1 Cup (heaped) Ragi Vermicelli/semiya
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1.5 Tbsp Tomato Thokku
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 10 Curry Leaves
- In a 2 Ltr cooker add water and vermicelli. Cook for a whistle.
- Release pressure manually, place the cooked vermicelli in a colander and rinse the under cold water.
- In a pan add a tbsp oil and do tadka of mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Add tomato thokku and mix well. Transfer the vermicelli to this and mix gently. Achari semiya ready in 3 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Other millet vermicelli can also be used.
2. Any pickle can be used instead of tomato thokku.