Adai is a crepe made by soaking and grinding rice and pulses with spices. Moringa leaves/drumstick leaves are the most preferred variety of adai. I replaced rice with foxtail millet.
- 1 Cup Foxtail Millet/Thinai
- 1/4 Cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 Cup Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Horsegram
- 1 tbsp Greengram
- 1 tbsp Moth bean/Matki
- 1 tbsp Black Chana
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 inch Ginger
- 5 Red Chillies
- 1/2 Cup Washed and chopped moringa/drumstick leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak the millet and pulses separately for 4 hours.
- Using a blender, first grind ginger and chillies. To that add the soaked and drained pulses coarsely by adding very little water.
- Grind the millet coarsely by adding little water.
- Mix everything, add asafoetida, curry leaves,moringa leaves and salt.
- The batter should be thick.
- Heat a pan pour a laddle of batter and make adais. Cook on both sides.
- Serve with podi/aviyal/jaggery/butter.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?