Adai is a crepe made by soaking and grinding rice and pulses with spices. Moringa leaves/drumstick leaves are the most preferred variety of adai. I replaced rice with foxtail millet.
- 1 Cup Foxtail Millet/Thinai
- 1/4 Cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 Cup Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Horsegram
- 1 tbsp Greengram
- 1 tbsp Moth bean/Matki
- 1 tbsp Black Chana
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 inch Ginger
- 5 Red Chillies
- 1/2 Cup Washed and chopped moringa/drumstick leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak the millet and pulses separately for 4 hours.
- Using a blender, first grind ginger and chillies. To that add the soaked and drained pulses coarsely by adding very little water.
- Grind the millet coarsely by adding little water.
- Mix everything, add asafoetida, curry leaves,moringa leaves and salt.
- The batter should be thick.
- Heat a pan pour a laddle of batter and make adais. Cook on both sides.
- Serve with podi/aviyal/jaggery/butter.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email