For Dough:Aloo Paratha is an excellent breakfast to start the day! Mashed potato is stuffed into wheat flour dough, rolled and shallow fried. As millets are gluten free, it becomes difficult to stuff and roll. But, Autolysis makes all the difference and I rolled 2 thin rotis, stuffed in between, sealed and made excellent millet aloo parathas!
- 1 Cup Bajra/Kambu flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Boiled Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ajwain/Omam
- 1/2 Tsp Amchoor Powder
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Make Autolysis dough. Please check my Millet Roti post for the detailed recipe.
- Mix all the ingredients given under the heading 'stuffing'.
- Roll 2 rotis of equal size.
- On one roti, place 3 tbsp of stuffing and spread out evenly leaving 1/4 inch towards end.
- Apply water on the edges and place another roti over and seal properly.
- Cook on both sides using oil.
- Serve with curd and pickle.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email