Ammini or Mani kozhukattai is a tamil delicacy, generally made with the leftover kozhukattai or modhakam dough. Spices are added steamed and shallow fried to make them crispy. I used jowar flour to make this simple yet tasty dish.
- 1 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp idli milagai podi
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp grated carrot
- Make Autolysis dough using water, salt and oil. Please see my Millet Roti post for a detailed procedure on preparing the dough in autolysis method. Rest for 20 minutes.
- Open, add idli milagai podi and knead briefly so that it gets mixed up with the dough evenly.
- Make tiny balls out of the dough and steam them for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- In a pan add oil and do the seasoning of mustard seeds, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the balls and saute for 10 minutes on low fire. Occasionally turn the balls so that it becomes crispy on all sides.
- Once done, garnish with coriander leaves and grated carrot. Serve hot.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email