Ammini or Mani kozhukattai is a tamil delicacy, generally made with the leftover kozhukattai or modhakam dough. Spices are added steamed and shallow fried to make them crispy. I used jowar flour to make this simple yet tasty dish.
- 1 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp idli milagai podi
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp grated carrot
- Make Autolysis dough using water, salt and oil. Please see my Millet Roti post for a detailed procedure on preparing the dough in autolysis method. Rest for 20 minutes.
- Open, add idli milagai podi and knead briefly so that it gets mixed up with the dough evenly.
- Make tiny balls out of the dough and steam them for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- In a pan add oil and do the seasoning of mustard seeds, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the balls and saute for 10 minutes on low fire. Occasionally turn the balls so that it becomes crispy on all sides.
- Once done, garnish with coriander leaves and grated carrot. Serve hot.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?