Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Avocado is rich in monounsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals. My son brought some fresh avocados from Netherlands. After using a few in various forms, made these healthy parathas. They were tasty and remained soft for a long time.
- 1 Cup Bajra Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Mashed Avocado Pulp
- 1.5 Cups Chopped fresh Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp White Sesame Seeds
- 5 Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Oil
- Mix the flours and dry ingredients well.
- Add the avocado pulp and methi leaves. Mix thoroughly and form a dough. No need of water. Add oil and once again knead well.
- The moisture from the avocado and methi leaves are enough for binding. If it is too hard, add a few tsp of water. Rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and roll them into parathas.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and cook both sides of the parathas with oil.
- Serve with any pickle, curd or raita.
1. Jowar and Ragi flours can also be used in place of Bajra.
2. Make sure the leaves are washed, chopped and fairly dried before adding.
3. If the dough is too soggy, add some more flour and knead.