Idlis are a favourite breakfast dish in almost all parts of India. Bajra/Kambu and horsegram/Kollu are very helpful in maintaining the body weight and this nutritious breakfast keeps the tummy full for long hours and gives good energy.
- 2.5 Cups Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu flour
- 1/2 Cup Red Poha/Aval
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Horsegram/Kollu
- 1/4 Cup Whole White Urad dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi seeds
- Salt 2.5 Tsp
- Wash and soak Poha, urad dal and methi seeds together for 2 hours.
- Add water to bajra flour and make a batter. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- In a blender, grind the sprouted horsegram first by adding a few tablespoons of water. When it becomes soft, add poha dal mixture and grind smoothly.
- Mix everything well by adding salt. The batter should be of idli batter consistency.
- Ferment for 10 hours or overnight.
- Make idlis and serve with chutney/sambar.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?