Idlis are a favourite breakfast dish in almost all parts of India. Bajra/Kambu and horsegram/Kollu are very helpful in maintaining the body weight and this nutritious breakfast keeps the tummy full for long hours and gives good energy.
- 2.5 Cups Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu flour
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Horsegram/Kollu
- 1/2 Cup Red Poha/Aval
- 1/4 Cup Whole White Urad dal
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek/Methi seeds
- Salt 2.5 Tsp
- Wash and soak Poha, urad dal and methi seeds together for 2 hours.
- Add water to bajra flour and make a batter. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- In a blender, grind the sprouted horsegram first by adding a few tablespoons of water. When it becomes soft, add poha dal mixture and grind smoothly.
- Mix everything well by adding salt. The batter should be of idli batter consistency.
- Ferment for 10 hours or overnight.
- Make idlis and serve with chutney/sambar.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?