Lauki/Bottle gourd has many health benefits and when combined with millets to make parathas, it becomes a wholesome food. Bajra/Pearl Millet is rich in fibre and so digests slowly and releases sugar at a slower rate compared to other foods. It is a good source of phosphorus, magnesium and iron.
- 1 Cup Grated Bottle gourd/Lauki/Sorakkai
- 2 Cups Pearl Millet/Bajra flour
- 4 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 /2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Carom Seeds
- Oil for making Parathas
- In a wide Bowl, mix grated bottle gourd, salt and keep aside for 10 minutes. It will leave water.
- Now, add all other ingredients except oil and mix well. Using hot water, make a soft sough. The water quantity depends on the moisture from the greens.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes. Divide into 6 equal portions.
- Take one portion and pat it on a greased banana leaf or a parchment paper.
- Transfer this to a preheated pan/tawa and cook both sides with oil to make parathas.
- Serve with curd or raita.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
Jamun Fruit Raitha:
- Deseed around 20 jamuns and make a fine paste. Add salt, beaten curd, roasted cumin powder and a few finely chopped green chillies.