Pearl millet/Bajra/Kambu is rich in insoluble fibre which helps in slow absorption of sugar and aids in digestion. Even though I have shared many recipes with this particular millet, this is the first time I baked using this. This recipe comes from my friend Rekha Madhusudan who shared it with me sometime back and I tried it today. Treat your loving brothers with this healthy muffin, for Rakshna Bhandhan!! The muffins are soft, moist and vegan too!Thanks Rekha for sharing the recipe to the world through me!
- 1 Cup Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Almond/Badam Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Vanila Extract
- A Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the Oven at 180 Degrees for 10 minutes.
- Powder sugar and mix all the dry ingredients thoroughly in a wide bowl.
- Now add the wet ingredients one by one and fold.
- Grease muffin tray and fill them to 3/4th with the muffin batter.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes. Time may vary depending on the Oven.
- Insert a toothpick and check whether they are done. If it comes out clean, then it shows that they are done. Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool down for 15 minutes and take out the muffins from the tray.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. If the batter is very thick, then add 1 to 2 tbsp of milk and adjust the consistency.
2. Dairy milk can also be used instead of almond milk.
3. I did not remove the fibre from the whole wheat flour and used it as it is.
4. Coco powder can be added to make it as chocolate muffin.