Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Pearl Millet commonly known as Bajra in India is rich in essential compounds like protein, fibre, phosphorous, magnesium and iron. Due to its rich composition of minerals and proteins, Pearl Millet has many health benefits.
Bajra Raab is a traditional Gujarati warm soup prepared from bajra flour. Ajwain, cloves, pepper powder and dry ginger powder are added to make the soup healthy and is recommended for lactating mothers.
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Bajra/Pearl Millet Flour
- 4 Tbsp Jaggery/Palm Jaggery/Nattu Sakkarai Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds/Omam/Ajwain
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Cloves
- A Pinch of Salt
- 2 Glasses of Water
- In a pan add ghee. Splutter carom seeds and cloves.
- Add bajra flour and roast on low heat till nice aroma is released.
- Add cinnamon powder, pepper powder, ginger powder and salt.
- Add water and cook on low heat for a minute stirring continuously.
- Add jaggery powder and cook on low heat for 3 more minutes. Switch off heat.
- Serve warm.
1. 2 small cinnamon sticks can be used instead of powder.