Rava dosas are made instantly without fermenting the batter. The thin crisp dosas are one of the much sought out dish when people go out for eating. This is prepared with a mixture of maida, rice flour and rava. I have used millet flour and it turned out too good and was light on tummy!
- 1 Cup Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kambu Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rava/Sooji
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 2 Green Chillies (finely Chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 10 Curry leaves (finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Curd
- 2.5 Cups Water
- Make a thin batter without lumps with the ingredients mentioned above.
- Soak for an hour.
- Heat a nonstick dosa pan and pour batter. Pour the batter from outside circle and proceed inside to get a perfect circle. No need to spread the batter.
- Cook on medium heat with oil and when one side is completely roasted flip and cook the other side for a few minutes.
- Remove and serve hot with chutney/sambar/podi.
- While making each dosa ensure that the batter is mixed thoroughly before pouring.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?