Mudakathaan Keerai/Indravalli/Balloon vine leaves are commonly used in Tamil Nadu for treating joint pain. The name 'Mudakku Aruthan' suggests that it helps in relieving the arthritis problem to a great extent. Many dishes like kuzhambu, rasam and concoction can be prepared with these leaves other than dosa. Using them along with millets is an excellent way to include them in our diet. We had this creeper in our home and my grandma and amma used to make dosas very often with these leaves.
- 1 Cup Bajra/Kambu
- 1 Cup Idli Rice
- 1/2 Cup Urad Dal
- 1/2 Cup washed, chopped balloon vine leaves/mudakathaan keerai/indravalli leaves
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak bajra, rice and dal for 4 hours.
- Using a blender grind to a smooth batter, add salt and ferment for 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before making dosas grind the leaves in a mixie to a paste and mix it with the batter.
- Make green dosas and serve with chutney/sambar.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Other millets like Foxtail, Little, Kodo or Barnyard can be used in place of Bajra.