Banana flowers are rich in nutrients and helps to control blood sugar levels and reduce belly fat. A great variety of dishes are prepared from this flower. I combined jowar flour and gram flour (besan) along with banana flower and spices to make this parathas.
- 2 Cups Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Gram Flour
- 1 Cup Tightly Packed Chopped Banana Flowers
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Water for kneading
- In a wide bowl add jowar flour, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Boil a cup of water and pour.
- Mix with a fork, cover and leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Now add gram flour, banana flower, coriander leaves, oil and jeera. Mix with the wet jowar flour using fingers. Add water little by little and make a tight dough. Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out parathas.
- Cook both sides on a preheated tawa using oil.
- Serve with chutneys/pickles/curd.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?