Banana flowers are rich in nutrients and helps to control blood sugar levels and reduce belly fat. A great variety of dishes are prepared from this flower. I combined jowar flour and gram flour (besan) along with banana flower and spices to make this parathas.
- 2 Cups Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Gram Flour
- 1 Cup Tightly Packed Chopped Banana Flowers
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Water for kneading
- In a wide bowl add jowar flour, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Boil a cup of water and pour.
- Mix with a fork, cover and leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Now add gram flour, banana flower, coriander leaves, oil and jeera. Mix with the wet jowar flour using fingers. Add water little by little and make a tight dough. Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out parathas.
- Cook both sides on a preheated tawa using oil.
- Serve with chutneys/pickles/curd.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?