Cooks in : 20 min Serves: 2 people
Bathua leaves are available in plenty during winter season. I have already shared paratha recipe with these leaves. If the cooked millet is ready, this delicious and nutritious dish can be made in no time. I used Kodo Millet for this recipe.
- 1 Cup washed and chopped bathua leaves (packed)
- 1/2 Cup cooked and cooled Kodo Millet/Varagu airsi
- 2 Tbsp boiled fresh green peas
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Raw Peanuts
- 2 Red Chillies
- 1 Slit Green Chilli
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- In a pan add oil and do the seasoning.
- Add onion and saute till it becomes soft and transparent
- Add the chopped leaves and saute for 2 minutes on low heat. Switch off.
- Add the cooked millet, boiled peas and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with a side dish of your choice.
- Kodo Millet can be replaced with Foxtail/Little/Barnyard Millet.