A small twist to a regular dish always makes it interesting! When I made these beetroot pooris, my family loved the bright colour and taste. Beetroot has a lot of health benefits. I used jowar flour and beetroot powder for this recipe.
- 1.5 Cup Sorghum/Jowar Flour
- 1.5 Cup Water
- 3 Tsp Beetroot Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Oil for deep frying
- In a 2 Ltr pressure cooker add all ingredients except jowar flour. Cook for a whistle.
- Release pressure and mix in jowar flour. Keep it covered with weight on for 15 minutes.*
- Open, knead briefly and divide them into small balls.
- Roll them into small pooris and deep fry them in oil.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Beetroot puree can also be used. In such case, adjust water accordingly.
2. *Please check Autolysis to know more about this technique.