Cooks in : 40 min Serves: 2 people
A small twist to a regular dish always makes it interesting! When I made these beetroot pooris, my family loved the bright colour and taste. Beetroot has a lot of health benefits. I used jowar flour and beetroot powder for this recipe.
- 1.5 Cup Sorghum/Jowar Flour
- 1.5 Cup Water
- 3 Tsp Beetroot Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Oil for deep frying
- In a 2 Ltr pressure cooker add all ingredients except jowar flour. Cook for a whistle.
- Release pressure and mix in jowar flour. Keep it covered with weight on for 15 minutes.*
- Open, knead briefly and divide them into small balls.
- Roll them into small pooris and deep fry them in oil.
1. Beetroot puree can also be used. In such case, adjust water accordingly.
2. *Please check Autolysis to know more about this technique.