A simple tasty pulav using Beetroot. A flavourful healthy millet variety which can also become as a lunchbox dish. The colour and taste will definitely attract the kids!
- 1 cup Kodo Millet
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion cut into long slices
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 cup cut beetroot
- 1/4 cup peas
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp dhaniya powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion (optional)
- 1.5 cups of water + 2 tbsp
- Wash and soak the millet for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a 2 litre pressure cooker, add oil and all whole spices one by one. Add onion and sauté till they become transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add all the spice powders and sauté for 30 seconds so that the raw smell goes off.
- Add the drained millet, beetroot and peas and salt and spring onions.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and mix everything well.
- Close the cooker and cook for 2 whistles on high.
- Let the pressure settle down. Open fluff up and mix in chopped coriander leaves before serving.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?