A simple tasty pulav using Beetroot. It is an OPOS dish.
- 1 cup Kodo Millet
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion cut into long slices
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3/4 cup cut beetroot
- 1/4 cup peas
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp dhaniya powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion (optional)
- 1.5 cups of water + 2 tbsp
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Wash and soak the millet for 30 minutes.
- Layer 1 : In a 2 litre pressure cooker, add oil and 2 tbsp of water.
- Layer 2: Place the onion slices in such a way that it covers the base of the cooker.
- Layer 3: Add ginger garlic paste.
- Layer 4: Spread the drained millet.
- Layer 5: Spread the beetroot cubes and peas.
- Layer 6: Add all the spice powders one by one.
- Layer 7: Add the whole spices mentioned above.
- Layer 8: Add spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Layer 9: Finally add 1.5 cups of water from the sides of the cooker without disturbing the layers.
- Close the cooker and place it on the heat source and cook for 2 whistles on high.
- Let the pressure settle down. Open fluff up and serve.