This is a simple breakfast recipe made with jowar flour. For this recipe I have used sattu for protein and veggies for micro nutrients. A well balanced healthy breakfast option. These savoury muffins can be served even as a snack item. They are tasty and quite filling.
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Jowar Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sattu
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Veggies
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Oilve Oil
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Flaxseed Powder + 2 Tsp Water for gel
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Omam
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees. Grease a muffins tray and keep aside. Dry roast jowar flour on low heat for 5 minutes to remove the raw smell.
- Add water to flaxseed powder and make gel. Keep aside.
- Sieve jowar flour, sattu, baking powder and soda in a wide mixing bowl. Now add other dry ingredients. Finally add chopped veggies and mix well. Add vinegar, oil and finally water to make batter of pouring consistency.
- Fill the muffins tray with the prepared batter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Once done, do tooth pick test by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they are ready. If the batter sticks, then bake further for a few more minutes.
- Once done, remove the tray and allow it to cool down for 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Bajra flour can be used for this recipe.
- Besan or Pottukadalai mauve can be used instead of sattu.
- 1/4 Cup fresh curd can be used instead of Apple Cider Vinegar. In that case, reduce the water quantity accordingly.
- Sunflower oil can be used instead of Olive oil.