Cooks in : 30 min Serves: 4 people
It is a quick flavourful rice variety best suited for parties. Tastes fabulous with manchurian. I made veg kuruma as an accompaniment.
- 4 tsp Sesame oil
- 6 garlic pods finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped Carrot, Capsicum, Cabbage and Beans
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 cups cooked and cooled Barnyard Millet
- 1/4 cup chopped Spring Onions
- In a pan add oil and stir fry chopped garlic, veggies, spices on high heat. Once the veggies turn soft and crunchy, add sauce and vinegar.
- Mix in cooked and cooled millet rice.
- Garnish with Spring Onion.
The burnt garlic rice can be served with Kurma.
- 1/2 cup each of chopped Potato, Carrot and Beans
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp each of ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, dhaniya powder and garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 cup chopped coconut
- 1/4 cup each of cashew, yogurt and water
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Blend all the ingredients given under the heading ‘Blend’ to a smooth paste.
- Mix all the items given under the heading ‘Ingredients’, except onion and tomato.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, 1 tbsp ghee and sauté onion till translucent. Add tomato and sauté for a minute. Add vegetables, salt, half cup water and cook for 2 whistles.
- Once pressure settles down, open and add the blended paste and cook for 5 minutes till the raw smells goes off.
- Finally mix in 1 cup milk.