Cooks in : 30 min Serves: 4 people
It is a quick flavourful rice variety best suited for parties. Tastes fabulous with manchurian. I made veg kuruma as an accompaniment.
- 4 tsp Sesame oil
- 6 garlic pods finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped Carrot, Capsicum, Cabbage and Beans
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 cups cooked and cooled Barnyard Millet
- 1/4 cup chopped Spring Onions
- In a pan add oil and stir fry chopped garlic, veggies, spices on high heat. Once the veggies turn soft and crunchy, add sauce and vinegar.
- Mix in cooked and cooled millet rice.
- Garnish with Spring Onion.
The burnt garlic rice can be served with Kurma.
- 1/2 cup each of chopped Potato, Carrot and Beans
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp each of ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, dhaniya powder and garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 cup chopped coconut
- 1/4 cup each of cashew, yogurt and water
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Blend all the ingredients given under the heading ‘Blend’ to a smooth paste.
- Mix all the items given under the heading ‘Ingredients’, except onion and tomato.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, 1 tbsp ghee and sauté onion till translucent. Add tomato and sauté for a minute. Add vegetables, salt, half cup water and cook for 2 whistles.
- Once pressure settles down, open and add the blended paste and cook for 5 minutes till the raw smells goes off.
- Finally mix in 1 cup milk.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?