Cooks in : 30 min Serves: 4 people
It is a quick flavourful rice variety best suited for parties. Tastes fabulous with manchurian. I made veg kuruma as an accompaniment. Both are OPOS dishes.
- 4 tsp Sesame oil
- 6 garlic pods finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped Carrot, Capsicum, Cabbage and Beans
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 cups cooked and cooled Barnyard Millet
- 1/4 cup chopped Spring Onions
- In a 2 ltr. Pressure Cooker, layer oil, chopped garlic, veggies, spices, sauce and vineger.
- Cook for 2 whistles.
- Release Pressure carefully.
- Mix in cooked and cooled millet rice.
- Garnish with Spring Onion.
The Kuruma is also prepared in minutes by OPOS. And believe me, you will never go back to traditional method for making this tasty and flavourful kuruma.
- 1/2 cup each of chopped Potato, Carrot and Beans
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp each of ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, dhaniya powder and garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 cup chopped coconut
- 1/4 cup each of cashew, yogurt and water
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Blend all the ingredients given under the heading ‘Blend’ to a smooth paste.
- Mix all the items given under the heading ‘Ingredients’, except onion and tomato.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker, layer 2 tbsp water, 1 tbsp ghee, onion, tomato, vegetables and coconut paste.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 whistles.
- Let Pressure settle down.
- Open and mix in 1 cup milk.