One of my friend recently shared this dosa variety with buttermilk. She made dosa with rice. I modified the recipe to suit millets. The end result was an awesome super soft tasty dosas!
- 2 Cups Proso Millet
- 3/4 Cup Poha
- 1/4 Cup Whole White Urad dal
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Cups Buttermilk
- Mix millet, dal, poha, fenugreek seeds and wash thoroughly.
- Soak them in buttermilk overnight
- Next day morning grind the soaked millet mixture to a fine batter using the buttermilk in which it was soaked.
- Add salt. If required add water to adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Add baking soda and give a good mix.
- Make dosas immediately. Soft porous crisp dosas guaranteed!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email