One of my friend recently shared this dosa variety with buttermilk. She made dosa with rice. I modified the recipe to suit millets. The end result was an awesome super soft tasty dosas!
- 2 Cups Proso Millet
- 3/4 Cup Poha
- 1/4 Cup Whole White Urad dal
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Cups Buttermilk
- Mix millet, dal, poha, fenugreek seeds and wash thoroughly.
- Soak them in buttermilk overnight
- Next day morning grind the soaked millet mixture to a fine batter using the buttermilk in which it was soaked.
- Add salt. If required add water to adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Add baking soda and give a good mix.
- Make dosas immediately. Soft porous crisp dosas guaranteed!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?