Fried rice is a dish of cooked rice with stir fried veggies in a wok or pan. Different flavours are added and is very popular among youngsters and children. It is a simple, easy, tasty and nutritious dish which can be prepared within 10 minutes. I used Kodo Millet for this recipe.
- 2 Cups cooked and cooled Kodo Millet (The measurement is after cooking)
- 2 Cups Shredded cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Thinly sliced Onion
- 1/4 Cup Boiled Green Peas
- 1/4 Cup Chopped White Spring onion (the bulb)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Spring Onion (leaves)
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 4 Slit Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil. When it is ready, add onions and white spring onions. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes. It may take another 2 minutes.
- Add slit green chillies and cabbage. Sauté for a minute and keep covered on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper powder, boiled peas, soya sauce, chilli sauced vinegar. Mix thoroughly. Switch off the heat.
- Mix in the precooked and cooled Kodo Millet. Give a nice mix. Finally sprinkle green spring onions.
- Keep covered for 5 minutes and serve.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Foxtail/Little/Barnyard/Proso millets can be used for this recipe.