Fried rice is a dish of cooked rice with stir fried veggies in a wok or pan. Different flavours are added and is very popular among youngsters and children. It is a simple, easy, tasty and nutritious dish which can be prepared within 10 minutes. I used Kodo Millet for this recipe.
- 2 Cups cooked and cooled Kodo Millet (The measurement is after cooking)
- 2 Cups Shredded cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Thinly sliced Onion
- 1/4 Cup Boiled Green Peas
- 1/4 Cup Chopped White Spring onion (the bulb)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Spring Onion (leaves)
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 4 Slit Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil. When it is ready, add onions and white spring onions. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes. It may take another 2 minutes.
- Add slit green chillies and cabbage. Sauté for a minute and keep covered on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper powder, boiled peas, soya sauce, chilli sauced vinegar. Mix thoroughly. Switch off the heat.
- Mix in the precooked and cooled Kodo Millet. Give a nice mix. Finally sprinkle green spring onions.
- Keep covered for 5 minutes and serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Foxtail/Little/Barnyard/Proso millets can be used for this recipe.