Rasam is an integral part of South Indian cuisine. Many fruits are used to make this spiced soup. Cantaloupes are available in plenty during summer. This rasam tastes excellent when mixed with hot rice!
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cantaloupe
- 1/4 Cup Cooked Dal
- 2 Cups Water
- 1.5 tsp Rasam Powder
- 1 Slit Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Salt
- A big pinch of Asafoetida
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds and Jeera in a tsp of Ghee
- In a 2 ltr Pressure Cooker add all the ingredients except coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Cook for 2 whistles and switch off.
- Open after pressure settles down.
- Add the seasoning, lemon juice and coriander leaves
- Yummy Cantaloupe Rasam ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?