Varieties in dosas are never ending! How about carrot and tomato in a dosa? Want to impress the kids with the bright colour? This is the best choice! No side dish is required, as the dosa itself is spicy! Serve with curd!!
- 1/2 Cup Barnyard/Kudhiraivali Millet
- 1/3 Cup Poha
- 1 Big Tomato
- 1 Small Carrot
- 2 Beydagi Chilli
- 1 Normal Red Chilli
- 5 Black Pepper Corns
- 1/4 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- A few Curry leaves
- Wash and soak millet and poha separately for 3 hours. Drain.
- First grind the spices mentioned above. Once done, add carrot and tomato and grind to a fine paste.
- Add the drained millet and grind to a smooth batter.
- Add salt and water and make the batter to pouring consistency.
- Add the tempering.
- Rest for an hour.
- Make dosas like rava dosas by pouring.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email