Chila is a Rajasthani breakfast dish generally made with gram flour/besan. Onion and spices are added and the batter is cooked like a dosa. I included jowar flour along with besan and mixed cucumber and amaranth leaves which make this simple dish a wholesome healthy food!
- 1/2 Cup Jowar flour
- 1/2 Cup Gram Flour/besan
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cucumber
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Amaranth leaves/araikeerai ( Can use any leafy vegetable)
- 2 Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 8 Chopped Curry Leaves
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Make a thick batter of pouring consistency with water.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, pour a ladle full of batter and spread. Cook with oil. Once done, flip and cook the other side.
- Serve healthy chilas with tomato ketchup or curd.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email