Chila is a Rajasthani breakfast dish generally made with gram flour/besan. Onion and spices are added and the batter is cooked like a dosa. I included jowar flour along with besan and mixed cucumber and amaranth leaves which make this simple dish a wholesome healthy food!
- 1/2 Cup Jowar flour
- 1/2 Cup Gram Flour/besan
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cucumber
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Amaranth leaves/araikeerai ( Can use any leafy vegetable)
- 2 Chopped Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 8 Chopped Curry Leaves
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Make a thick batter of pouring consistency with water.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, pour a ladle full of batter and spread. Cook with oil. Once done, flip and cook the other side.
- Serve healthy chilas with tomato ketchup or curd.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email