Cooks in : 40 min Serves: 2 people
Who doesn’t like bhel? It is everyone’s favourite and this Chinese version is something unique and tasty which is made using millet noodles, sauces and veggies. Read more for an exclusive offer for The Millet Table Readers.
- 90 Grams (1/2 Packet) Multi Millet Noodles
- 1/2 Cup each (Red and Green capsicum, Carrots, Cabbage all cut lengthwise)
- 1/2 Cup Moong bean Sprouts
- 1/4 Cup Sliced onions
- 1/4 Cup Spring Onion
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp each (Schezwan Sauce, Chilli Sauce, Soya Sauce, Vinegar)
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- Oil for deep frying noodles
- Soak 90 grams Multi Millet Noodles in water for 20 minutes. Drain and dry on a cloth for 10 minutes.
- Take oil in a pan and when it is hot deep fry the noodles in batches and drain the excess oil using a kitchen tissue. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl mix all the sauces and vinegar.
- In a wok or pan take a tablespoon of oil. When it is hot add onions and sauté for a minute. Add other veggies and sprouted beans except spring onions. Add salt. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the sauce mixture. Give a good mix. Switch off the heat.
- Finally add the fried noodles and mix everything thoroughly.
- Sprinkle spring onions and serve immediately.
1. Use Hakka noodles type rather than maggi noodles like slabs. Long lengthy noodles are easy to fry and best suited for bhel.