Narthangai or Citron, though, a citrus fruit it has very distinct properties. it is loaded with a rich array of nutrients that include high levels of Vitamin C, potent antioxidants, dietary fibre, calcium, iron, beta-carotene, niacin, manganese, zinc, selenium, vitamin B6, and potassium. Some of the impressive health benefits of citron include cancer prevention, weight loss, boosts immune system and instant relief from acidity. Mixed rice is prepared with the juice of this fruit just like lemon rice.
- 2 Cups Precooked and cooled Kodo Millet
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Citron Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar (optional)
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts
- 1 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3 Red Chillies broken into pieces
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- Some Curry Leaves
- Take the precooked and cooled millet in a wide vessel.
- In a pan add oil and prepare the seasoning. Add the seasoning, salt and turmeric powder to the millet and mix well.
- Finally add citron juice, sugar and mix everything thoroughly. A healthy, tangy tasty citron rice is ready.
- Other millets like Little, Barnyard, Foxtail, Proso can be used for this recipe.
- Roasted cashew nuts can be added to the rice.
- Can add 2 green chillies for a little spicy version.
- Adjust citron juice according to individual taste.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?