There are many varieties of dosas and this coconut dosa is one such tasty variety which actually needs no fermentation. The coconut aroma and the lacey texture is so good and when served with a spicy chutney, it is a bliss! Try this easy recipe and share your experience.
- 1 Cup Kodo Millet
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Aval/poha
- 1 Tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- Wash and soak millet, methi seeds and dal together for 5 hours. Drain. Wash and soak poha for 15 minutes just before grinding.
- Grind millet, dal and Fenugreek seeds using a mixie. When half done, add grated coconut and poha. Grind to a smooth batter by adding little water.
- Once done, transfer the batter to a bowl. Add salt. Mix well. Adjust the consistency by adding 1/2 cup water. Let the batter sit for an hour.
- Heat a dosa pan, pour batter and spread the dosa. Cook on medium heat. No need to add oil. Once the bottom portion becomes crisp, flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with a spicy Chutney.
- Other Millets like Barnyard/Little/Foxtail can be used for this recipe.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?