Vegetable cutlets are an excellent evening snack. When cooked millet is mixed with veggies and made into cutlets, it gives a very good texture. I used the leftover cooked millet for this recipe.
- 1/2 Cup Cooked and mashed Foxtail Millet
- 1/2 Cup Cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped spinach
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1/4 Cup Besan/Gram flour
- 1 Cup Pressure baked veggies or boiled veggies ( beans, carrot, sweet corn)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Amchoor Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- In a pan add 2 tbsp oil and splutter cumin seeds. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes on low heat till transparent. Add chilli powder, garam masala, chat masala, amchoor powder, turmeric powder and salt. Switch off and mix well.
- In a wide bowl add other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the sauted onion mixture and mix well and make a thick dough like chapati dough by adding water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and give a shape of your choice.
- Heat a shallow pan on medium heat and add a tbsp of oil. Place the cutlets and and cook till the bottom turns crisp. Flip and cook the other side by adding some oil. Once done, remove on a kitchen tissue.
- Serve with chutney/tomato sauce.
1. The veggies and spinach leave water. So while mixing, add water little by little.
2. Instead of using a flat pan, paniyaram pan can be used to fry by making balls. This gives a deep fried effect with minimum oil.
3. Buy Manna Mixed Millets Combo Pack of 5 on Amazon.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?