Cooks in : 10 min Serves: 2 people
Dadpe Pohe is a Maharashtrian breakfast made with poha/flattened rice/aval. There is no cooking involved in this recipe except the tempering. A healthy and tasty breakfast gets ready in 10 minutes!
- 1 Cup Proso Millet Flakes/Poha/Aval
- 3 Tbsp Tender Coconut Water
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 4 Chopped Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Groundnuts
- 1 Tsp Sugar (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp each (Chopped Coriander leaves, Grated Coconut)
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- Hydrate the flakes with tender coconut water. Mix thoroughly.
- In a wide bowl add onions, green chillies, sugar and salt. Crush with hands so that water is released from the choppe onion.
- Mix in the tempering, curry leaves and ground nuts.
- Add the hydrated flakes, coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Finally add lemon juice and mix well.
- A simple yet healthy breakfast is ready.
1. Any millet flakes can be used for this recipe.
2. Can add grated carrots and some pomegranate pearls to make the dish more interesting.
3. Can garnish with some thin sev.