Methi poori is a very tasty and aromatic bread which can be served for breakfast or lunch. Using Pearl millet flour or bajra along with cooked dal and greens makes this dish all the more healthy! Serve your loved ones this healthy dish for a change!
- 1.5 Cups Pearl Millet Flour/Bajra atta/Kambu maavu
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Toor Dal
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Fenugreek/Methi Leaves or Kasoori Methi
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp White Sesame Seeds/ White Til/Vellai Ellu
- 1 Tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Omam
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- Oil for frying
- In a wide bowl add all the ingredients mentioned above. Mix thoroughly.
- Add hot water and make a tight dough. Add water in tablespoons at a time.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide into equal portions and roll out small pooris by greasing the rolling board and pin. Alternatively, you can use 2 greased plastic sheets, place the balls and press them with a flat bottomed vessel to get a round shape.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the pooris one by one. It takes little extra time to cook and puff up.
- Serve with curd and pickle.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Keep the dal thick. Watery dal will not give a tight dough.
2. For perfect round pooris, roll and cut them with a round lid.
3. Pat dry the leaves before adding.