Cooks in : 8 min Serves: 2 people
Gatte Pulav is a famous delicacy of Rajasthan. As vegetables are not available through out the year because of scanty rainfall, this pulav is made using gram flour dumplings during festivals and other important occasions.
- 1/2 Cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp each (Salt, Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder)
- 1/4 Tsp each (Turmeric, Asafoetida Powder)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 Cup Gram Flour
- 1/4 Tsp each (Chilli Powder, Ajwain, salt
- 1 Tsp Yogurt
- Wash and soak millet for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Mix the ingredients for gatte with minimal water and knead to a stiff dough. Shape into small balls.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker add as follows:
- Layer 1: ghee/oil, bay leaf, water
Layer2: soaked drained millet
Layer3: salt, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida
Layer4: gram balls
Cook on high for 2W. Let pressure settle.
1. Little, Barnyard, Foxtail millets can be used for this recipe instead of Kodo millet.