Gatte Pulav is a famous delicacy of Rajasthan. As vegetables are not available through out the year because of scanty rainfall, this pulav is made using gram flour dumplings during festivals and other important occasions.
- 1/2 Cup Kodo Millet/Varagu
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp each (Salt, Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder)
- 1/4 Tsp each (Turmeric, Asafoetida Powder)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 Cup Gram Flour
- 1/4 Tsp each (Chilli Powder, Ajwain, salt)
- 1 Tsp Yogurt
- Wash and soak millet for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Mix the ingredients from No.7 to 9 to make gatte with minimal water and knead to a stiff dough. Shape into small balls. In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker add as follows:
- Layer 1: ghee/oil, bay leaf, water
- Layer2: soaked drained millet
- Layer3: salt, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida
- Layer4: gram balls
- Cook on high for 2W. Let pressure settle.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Little, Barnyard, Foxtail millets can be used for this recipe instead of Kodo millet.