Gojjavalakki is a simple breakfast dish, popular in Karnataka. It gets its name from the tamarind we use for this recipe. Rice flakes/poha/aval is used for this dish. I have replaced rice flakes with millet flakes and it was absolutely delicious!
- 1 Cup Barnyard/Kudhiraivali flakes/poha/aval
- 3/4 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Big marble size tamarind
- 1 Tsp Rasam Powder
- 1 Tsp Jaggery Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp roasted Til/Sesame Powder
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 2 Small Red Chillies
- 3 Tbsp Peanuts
- Soak the tamarind in hot water and extract juice.
- Wash flakes and add the tamarind juice. Add salt, jaggery powder, rasam powder and asafoetida.
- Let it soak overnight in the fridge.
- Next day morning, do the seasoning. Add the well soaked, dry poha and saute for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Tasty gojjavalakki is ready!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?