Gojjavalakki is a simple breakfast dish, popular in Karnataka. It gets its name from the tamarind we use for this recipe. Rice flakes/poha/aval is used for this dish. I have replaced rice flakes with millet flakes and it was absolutely delicious!
- 1 Cup Barnyard/Kudhiraivali flakes/poha/aval
- 3/4 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Big marble size tamarind
- 1 Tsp Rasam Powder
- 1 Tsp Jaggery Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp roasted Til/Sesame Powder
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 2 Small Red Chillies
- 3 Tbsp Peanuts
- Soak the tamarind in hot water and extract juice.
- Wash flakes and add the tamarind juice. Add salt, jaggery powder, rasam powder and asafoetida.
- Let it soak overnight in the fridge.
- Next day morning, do the seasoning. Add the well soaked, dry poha and saute for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Tasty gojjavalakki is ready!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email