Gooseberry or Amla has a large number of benefits with its vitamin C, antioxidant, skin enhancing, hair enriching and many more properties. Pickles, raitha and rasam are generally prepared with this nutritious fruit. I make this rice variety whenever fresh fruits are available in the market.
- 1/2 Cup cooked and cooled Barnyard /Kudhiraivali Rice
- 3 Gooseberries (Amla)
- 1 Green Chilli
- 3 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 Red Chilli
- A pinch of asafoetida
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- 8 Curry Leaves
- To know how to cook non mushy rice, refer my post ''Millet Rice''.
- Grind gooseberries, green chilli and coconut to paste without adding water.
- In a pan add oil and do the seasoning.
- Add the paste and saute on low heat for 3 minutes. Make sure that it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Switch off.
- Add the rice and salt. Mix thoroughly and fluff up.
- Tasty Gooseberry rice is ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?