Gooseberry or Amla has a large number of benefits with its vitamin C, antioxidant, skin enhancing, hair enriching and many more properties. Pickles, raitha and rasam are generally prepared with this nutritious fruit. I make this rice variety whenever fresh fruits are available in the market.
- 1/2 Cup cooked and cooled Barnyard /Kudhiraivali Rice
- 3 Gooseberries (Amla)
- 1 Green Chilli
- 3 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 Red Chilli
- A pinch of asafoetida
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- 8 Curry Leaves
- To know how to cook non mushy rice, refer my post ''Millet Rice''.
- Grind gooseberries, green chilli and coconut to paste without adding water.
- In a pan add oil and do the seasoning.
- Add the paste and saute on low heat for 3 minutes. Make sure that it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Switch off.
- Add the rice and salt. Mix thoroughly and fluff up.
- Tasty Gooseberry rice is ready!
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email