Granola bars are excellent snack when we are on the move. They can be wrapped in aluminium foil and carried along with us while travelling. I used bajra puffs, dry fruits and nuts to make these bars.
- 50 Grams Roasted Bajra Puffs
- 20 Grams Pumpkin seeds
- 20 Grams Roasted Sesame seeds
- 20 Grams flax seeds
- 50 Grams deseeded chopped dates
- 50 Grams chopped almonds
- 200 Grams Jaggery
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- Heat a pan and add ghee. Add chopped dates and cook till they become soft and mushy. Add jaggery powder and 1/4 cup water. Make a thick syrup. Switch off.
- Add all the other ingredients one by one and mix thoroughly till everything is well coated with jaggery syrup.
- Transfer this to a greased tray or box and press tight so that it sets well.
- Cut into 3'' long strips and wrap each bar with butter paper and then with aluminium foil.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. The additives are completely according to individual preference. Cashew nuts, other seeds and nuts, rice flakes, raisins and other dried fruits can also be added.
2. If unable to make bars, try giving laddu shape. If not, just store them as loose in an air tight container.
3. Roasted jowar puffs can also be used instead of bajra puffs. These are available on amazon easily.