Green peas are one of the best plant-based sources of protein, which is a major reason why they are so filling, along with their high amount of fibre. Their high fibre content makes them diabetic friendly. I have already shared a few recipes with green peas. This matar Poha is great for breakfast and its colour is so inviting. Try this recipe when fresh peas are available.
- 1 Cup Foxtail Millet Poha/Aval
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Green Peas
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Chana dal
- 1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Red Chilli
- Place the poha/aval in a colander and wash. Allow it to drain completely. Keep aside.
- Using the small mixie jar grind peas, coriander leaves, jeera, green chilli, salt and asafoetida powder to a fine paste without adding water.
- Heat a pan add oil and do the tempering. Add the peas paste and sauté on low heat till all the moisture is absorbed and it gets cooked. Once done, add the hydrated aval/poha and mix well.
- Finally add the roasted peanuts and mix well. Serve immediately.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email