Cooks in : 10 min Serves: 2 people
Hakka noodles is popular not only among kids but also with grown ups. A variety of vegetables are stir fried along with cooked noodles and tossed to get a perfect texture. But with OPOS, we layer the noodles along with vegetable and same result is achieved within 10 minutes without stirring and tossing!
- 180 Grams packet of Nalabagam Foxtail Noodles or any other Nalabagam Noodles
- 2.5 Cups of mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, cabbage, capsicum, peas, baby corn)
- 3 Tbsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Slightly crush the noodles and soak in water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Chop the veggies into 2″ long thin pieces.
- Mix all the sauces, vinegar, garlic paste and salt. Add the drained noodles. Make sure the sauce mixture is well coated to the noodles.
In a 2 Ltr Cooker layer as follows:
- Layer 1: Oil, Water
- Layer 2: Chopped veggies
- Layer 3: sauce coated noodles
- Cook on high for 3 whistles. Switch off heat. Release pressure manually. Open and mix up everything well. Keep covered for 5 minutes.
- Hakka noodles is ready within 10 minutes!
1. I used Nalabagam Foxtail Millet Noodles for this recipe. But any other millet noodles will also work.
2. Choose noodles which are like hakka noodles and not as maggi slabs.
Like the Nalabagam Multi Millet Noodles, this one was also very good. Another 5/5 in my book. They have amazing Soya Noodles, Redrice Noodles, Barley, Barnyard, Kodo, Little, Finger millet noodles and many more! I have only used their Multi Millet and Foxtail millet noodles, but I can’t wait to try the rest!