Tikka is an apitizer generally made using panner and veggies marinated in spice mixture. There are many variations in this popular starter dish. I used button idlis along with veggies and used very minimal spices which are readily available at home. Try this mouth watering delicacy with any millet idli.
- 15 to 20 Button Idlis
- 15 Square pieces of Green, Red and Yellow capsicums
- 15 Thick Onion Slices
- 15 Wooden Toothpicks
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Idli Milagai Podi
- 1/2 Tsp each (Mustard Seeds, Jeera)
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper Powder
- A grill pan will give best results, but it can be made using a simple tawa will also. Keep ready all the idli pieces with onion and peppers in a toothpick.
- Add oil in the pan and on low heat, add mustard seeds, jeera, pepper powder and idli pods in the same order. Roast for 30 seconds.
- Place the prepared toothpicks on the spice mix and cook from all sides till they are roasted. It may take 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Any millet can be used for this recipe.
- If big pan is available, skewers can be used instead of toothpicks.
- Tomatoes, panner pieces can also be used along with capsicum.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?