Uthappam are one of the favourite South Indian breakfast dish generally made with fermented idli/dosa batter. Veggies and spices are added to it to give variety to the dish. I used jowar flour for this instant uthappam and added sattu for protein and a lot of veggies to make it more healthy.
- 1/2 Cup Jowar/Sorghum Flour
- 2 Tbsp Rava/Sooji
- 2 Tbsp Sattu/Roasted gram Powder
- 4 Tbsp Curd
- 1 Medium size tomato crushed with mortar
- 2 Tbsp each of (Chopped Spinach Leaves, chopped beans, grated carrots and cabbage)
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp each of ( coriander leaves and curry leaves)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
- In a wide bowl add jowar flour, sooji salt and mix well. Add curd and water and make a lump free batter.
- Mix all the other ingredients except baking soda.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Just before making uthappam, add soda and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and pour 2 ladle of batter and make a thick dosa. Sprinkle oil on sides. Once the bottom turns crisp, flip and cook the other side.
- Remove and serve with chutney/podi/sambar.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
1. Bajra/Pearl Millet flour or any other millet flour can be used in place of jowar flour.
2. Can add onions also.