Uthappam are one of the favourite South Indian breakfast dish generally made with fermented idli/dosa batter. Veggies and spices are added to it to give variety to the dish. I used jowar flour for this instant uthappam and added sattu for protein and a lot of veggies to make it more healthy.
- 1/2 Cup Jowar/Sorghum Flour
- 2 Tbsp Rava/Sooji
- 2 Tbsp Sattu/Roasted gram Powder
- 4 Tbsp Curd
- 1 Medium size tomato crushed with mortar
- 2 Tbsp each of (Chopped Spinach Leaves, chopped beans, grated carrots and cabbage)
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp each of ( coriander leaves and curry leaves)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
- Idli Milagai Podi/Powder to serve with
- In a wide bowl add jowar flour, sooji salt and mix well. Add curd and water and make a lump free batter.
- Mix all the other ingredients except baking soda.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Just before making uthappam, add soda and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and pour 2 ladle of batter and make a thick dosa. Sprinkle oil on sides. Once the bottom turns crisp, flip and cook the other side.
- Remove and serve with chutney/podi/sambar.
1. Bajra/Pearl Millet flour or any other millet flour can be used in place of jowar flour.
2. Can add onions also.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?