Idlis are an all time favourite breakfast dish in many homes. I have shared a number of idli recipes earlier, but this recipe is special as it does not require any fermenting time and can be made immediately. All you need is rava, millet poha and curd!
- 1 Cup Barnyard/Kudhiraivali Millet Poha/flakes
- 3/4 Cup Rava/Sooji
- 2 Cups Sour Curd
- 1/2 Cup Grated Yellow Pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Curry Leaves
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- Seasoning of 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds and 1/4 tsp asafoetida in 1 tsp oil
- Wash and drain poha, add a cup of curd and soak for 10 minutes.
- Soak rava with a cup of curd.
- Grind soaked poha with curd to a fine paste and mix with soaked rava.
- Add pumpkin, coriander leaves, curry leaves, green chillies, salt, seasoning and mix well. Add little water to adjust to idli batter consistency.
- Keep aside for another 5 minutes.
- Using an idli mould, steam idlis for 15 minutes.
- Soft tasty idlis are ready!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Grated carrots or chopped spinach can be used instead of yellow pumpkin.