Simple Jeera Rice is one of my favourite rice variety which goes well with dal fry, rajma masala or with some curry. I used Little Millet to make this rice variety.
- 1/2 Cup Little Millet/Samai
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 2 Cloves
- 0.25 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- Wash and soak the Millet in enough water for an hour. Then drain.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker add ghee. Add Jeera, green chillies and cloves. Sauté for a minute on medium heat.
- Add drained Millet and salt. Pour one cup water and cook for 3 whistles on medium heat. Switch off.
- Open after pressure settles down. Fluff up and server with dal or curry.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Click here or picture below to buy a Mixed Millets Combo Pack of 5.