Simple Jeera Rice is one of my favourite rice variety which goes well with dal fry, rajma masala or with some curry. I used Little Millet to make this rice variety.
- 1/2 Cup Little Millet/Samai
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 2 Cloves
- 0.25 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- Wash and soak the Millet in enough water for an hour. Then drain.
- In a 2 Ltr Pressure Cooker add the following:
- Layer 1: Ghee
- Layer 2: Jeera, green chillies and cloves
- Layer 3: Drained Millet
- Layer 4: Salt
- Pour one cup water from sides without disturbing the set up and cook for 3 whistles on small burner high. Switch off.
- Open after pressure settles down. Fluff up and server with dal or curry.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Click here or picture below to buy a Mixed Millets Combo Pack of 5.