Jini dosa is a popular street food of Mumbai. When one wants to have the taste of dosa, pav bhaji and pizza in one dish, only a Genie can help!! I think that is why this dish is called Jini Dosa!! Dosa is filled with pav bhaji masala, schezwan sauce, veggies and lots of cheese. Then rolled, cut into 3 or 4 pieces and served in upright position with grated cheese as topping. I used ragi dosa batter for this recipe but any millet dosa batter can be used. Check out various dosa recipes posted already.
- 4 Cups Ragi Dosa Batter
- 2 Tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 2 Tsp Schezwan Sauce
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced mix veggies (capsicum, cabbage)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 4 Cheese cubes
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- A pinch of salt for each dosa
- Heat a dosa tawa. When it is ready, keeping the heat on low, pour a big ladle full of batter and spread it as a thin sheet of dosa. Add 1/2 tbsp butter in the centre and once it starts melting, add 1/2 tsp of pav bhaji masala and 1/2 tsp of schezwan sauce. Mix with well with a spoon or spatula.
- Grate a cube of cheese over the dosa. Add a tbsp of onions, 2 tbsp of mix veggies, a pinch of salt and mix well with the sauce and spread it on the entire dosa.
- Once the bottom portion becomes crisp, roll the dosa and remove it on a plate. Cut it into 3 or 4 pieces and place them in upright position. Grate some cheese over them and serve immediately. Repeat the process for other dosas.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Keep the batter little thick. Thin batter will tend to tear while mixing sauces and veggies.
- Any millet dosa batter can be used for this recipe.