Jini dosa is a popular street food of Mumbai. When one wants to have the taste of dosa, pav bhaji and pizza in one dish, only a Genie can help!! I think that is why this dish is called Jini Dosa!! Dosa is filled with pav bhaji masala, schezwan sauce, veggies and lots of cheese. Then rolled, cut into 3 or 4 pieces and served in upright position with grated cheese as topping. I used ragi dosa batter for this recipe but any millet dosa batter can be used. Check out various dosa recipes posted already.
- 4 Cups Ragi Dosa Batter
- 2 Tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 2 Tsp Schezwan Sauce
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced mix veggies (capsicum, cabbage)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 4 Cheese cubes
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- A pinch of salt for each dosa
- Heat a dosa tawa. When it is ready, keeping the heat on low, pour a big ladle full of batter and spread it as a thin sheet of dosa. Add 1/2 tbsp butter in the centre and once it starts melting, add 1/2 tsp of pav bhaji masala and 1/2 tsp of schezwan sauce. Mix with well with a spoon or spatula.
- Grate a cube of cheese over the dosa. Add a tbsp of onions, 2 tbsp of mix veggies, a pinch of salt and mix well with the sauce and spread it on the entire dosa.
- Once the bottom portion becomes crisp, roll the dosa and remove it on a plate. Cut it into 3 or 4 pieces and place them in upright position. Grate some cheese over them and serve immediately. Repeat the process for other dosas.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
- Keep the batter little thick. Thin batter will tend to tear while mixing sauces and veggies.
- Any millet dosa batter can be used for this recipe.