Varieties in dosas are never ending! A lot of mix and match can be done to make them more attractive and healthy. This time I used beetroot for a nutritious dosa.
- 1 Cup Jowar/Sorghum/Cholam Flour
- 1/2 Cup Idli Rice
- 1/3 Cup White Whole Urad/Vellai Ulundhu
- 1/2 Tsp Methi/Fenugreek/Vendhayam Seeds
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Soak dal, rice and methi seeds for 3 hours. Using a blender, grind to soft batter.
- Add jowar flour, salt and give a good mix. Make sure there are no lumps. Adjust consistency by adding water. Ferment for 8 hours/over night.
- Just before making dosas, peel and grate a small beetroot. Grind it to a fine paste. Mix this to the dosa batter. Alternatively, add 2 tbsp of beetroot powder.
- Make dosas and serve with sambar/Chutney.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?