300th Post! When I started this website, never thought that I will be sharing so many recipes with millets! Almost all recipes are immediately tried and validated by many of you I and regularly share them in the Millet Table FB Page. This is the proof that the recipes work for everyone. Each and every validation is very close to my heart. I recently started Millet Table Youtube Channel also which is steadily growing. This has been a wonderful journey and I have learnt so much. Thanks all of you for the wonderful support and you all motivate me to share more and more! To celebrate this small achievement, today I am sharing a cake recipe!
- 1 Cup Jowar Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Banana Puree
- 1 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Nattu Sarkarai/Brown Sugar/Jaggery Powder
- 1/2 Cup Water/Milk
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 3 Tbsp Flaxseed Powder
- 6 Tbsp Water (for making flaxseed gel)
- 1/2 Tsp each (Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon Powder)
- 10 Almonds (thinly sliced)
- Dry roast Jowar flour on low heat till nice aroma. Let it cool down completely.
- In a wide bowl, add flaxseed powder and water to make gel. Resting the gel for 5 minutes is desirable. Add oil, sugar, banana puree and mix well.
- Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Mix well. Now add flours and carrots. Mix well. Add water /milk. Combine everything well.
- Grease a cake tin and dust with jowar flour. Pour the prepared cake batter. Tap to remove air. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Place the tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. The timing may vary with ovens. So check after 50 minutes by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then remove. Otherwise bake for some more time.
- Once done, remove, demould and cool it on a wire rack.
- Butter can be used instead of oil.
- Adjust water/milk qty depending on the batter consistency. Add little at a time to avoid runny batter.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?