Fresh hot soft idiyappam is a great breakfast option. Millet idiyappam is a low carb dish which is made by Autolysis technique of OPOS. The dough becomes pilable after autolysis and helps in keeping the string hoppers soft for a long time.
- 1 Cup Jowar/Cholam Flour
- 1.25 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- In a 2 ltr. Pressure Cooker, add water, oil and salt.
- Close and cook on high heat for a whistle.
- Switch off heat and carefully release pressure.
- Add the flour and mix until it resembles like wet sand.
- Close the lid with weight on and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Open knead briefly and using the press, make idiyappam.
- Steam them for 5 minutes.
- Serve with stew or curries.
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email