Fresh hot soft idiyappam is a great breakfast option. Millet idiyappam is a low carb dish. The dough becomes pliable after autolysis and helps in keeping the string hoppers soft for a long time.
- 1 Cup Jowar/Cholam Flour
- 1.25 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- In a 2 ltr. Pressure Cooker, add water, oil and salt.
- Close and cook on high heat for a whistle.
- Switch off heat and carefully release pressure.
- Add the flour and mix until it resembles like wet sand.
- Close the lid with weight on and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Open knead briefly and using the press, make idiyappam.
- Steam them for 5 minutes.
- Serve with stew or curries.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Subscribe and receive new recipes via email